SYH approach to Interviewing and Placements whilst maintaining social distancing rules
We recognise that many of our Clients are desperately needing to find the right help during these challenging times and we want to reassure you that we are here to help you but we need to be clear about what we can offer.
Over our many years of business we have built an excellent network and are finding that for many reasons, nannies and housekeepers whom we have placed previously find themselves looking for work again. In this instance we can put them forward in full confidence. Where this is not possible our vetting process is as follows:
- Telephone interview
- Comprehensive video interview
- Verbal reference checks
- Background; status to work checks and relevant qualification checks
- Mutual self declaration - you have an agreement with your Help that both parties will self declare any symptoms; exposure to individuals with symptoms and travel
- Personal protection - we are recommending to all Clients that you supply your Help with disposable gloves and masks and that you enable them to avoid public transport where possible
- Not transferred to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place (Transfer Limitation).
- Fee structure - where we are unable to interview Candidates face to face we are recommending a trial followed by a temp to perm contract which gives you both the flexibility to ensure it works. Any temp fees will then be deducted from the Placement Fee.